Friday 8 January 2010

Bit of progress

As I said, I contacted the Conservative representatives in my area and as they promised, someone called me the other evening. As soon as he said his name, I realised that I knew him. He was a very old friend of my father's and I've known him since I was a little girl. After chatting with him and explaining the situation to him, he said he would do what he could to help. He was aware of the problems in the area and has promised to see if he can do anything. I'm not expecting miracles, but hey.

I asked him what he had to say to me that would convince me that an alternative government would make a difference and all he really had to say was that the Tories have a very different view of law and order than their opponents. But do they? And even if they do, what can they do that is going to make any difference to the likes of me and other people like me?

Anyway, I'm just about to do a bit of research into dispersal orders, or whatever they're called - only I've asked about them before and been told "no chance" - so what they hell are they for then?

So, happy new year and all that rubbish. How fabulous is this snow? The only kids in the park at the moment are kids on sledges with their parents - marvellous. I love it. No dick heads in the park at 2am in sub zero temperatures. Albeit they are such thick twats around here, nothing would surprise me.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya! Happy New Year to You too!

    You might find this interesting:-

    http://www.theftprotect.co.uk/library/articles/Social_reform[1].pdf

    Its the Tory Social Reform manifesto. If they get in, they've certainly got their work cut out, repairing the damage this shower have wrought upon us these last twelve years. I can't see them doing any worse, and they seem to be saying all the right things anyway.

    We'd be setting ourselves up for a huge disappointment if we create over optimistic expectations in the early days of a new Government. I only hope whoever it is, that they don't waste too much time blaming their predecessors and get on with the task of putting it right. They'll have an uphill struggle that's for sure, with lots of unpopular decisions to make - no pain no gain and all that shit!

    I think I've mentioned we're getting a lot of interest from Chris Grayling, the possible future Home Secretary, and he seems very committed to restoring order in society and getting to grips with what is required at street level. How they behave when their noses are in the taxpayers trough will be the test.

    Blogs like yours, the frontline caring coppers and ours will hopefully contribute something to the bigger picture. We've got some really inflammatory and contraversial stuff building behind the scenes that we'll be posting over the coming weeks, and the police blogs are really starting to hot up a bit, so hopefully someone will take note.

    Good to hear you got a response, just need to keep in their face now. A good source of material for your blog might be stuff obtained under the Freedom Of Information process. I've put requests into all 43 England & Wales forces yesterday, asking how many officers are available for response duty vs how many are desk bound. If I get enough data, it should make interesting reading.

    As you've probably seen, lots of non police also read and contribute on the police blogs, so once you've figured how to insert a link to their sites on here, you'll start getting even more visits.

    As a real victim of this society of ours, your voice and experiences need to be heard. We just need to track down a few more like you!

    Welcome back after the break, hope you had a good rest and I look forward to enjoying your posts this year. Good luck!

    Kind Regards

    Steve
    http://thinbluelineuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allcoppedout.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/complaining-about-the-police/
    begins our story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've written to our farce Chief. Anonymous version on my allcoppedout blog. I think he's all mouth and trousers to be honest - only the big chunks float to the top in septic tank society. Not the first time I've tried though.

    ReplyDelete