Sunday 13 December 2009

The general feeling is that the country is fucked

If I read all the serving and ex police officers correctly, you lot are all of the same voice - not only is your job fucked, but the country is fucked too. My house is on the market (yeah, right, because I'm really going to sell it some time soon....) but if I hit lucky and it does go, I'm going to piss off to France. My daughter says "but mum, we have problems here too" but I've yet to see any of the behaviour on the streets where she lives, that I see here. The police there seem to take no shit from any nutters, and the courts are brilliant - my daughter went to a court to do some translation for a company when she first lived there. A guy from Nigeria had been living in France illegally for 10 years, had attempted to rape 3 women, had half a dozen kids and after 10 minutes the Judge just announced he was sending him back! I pissed myself when my girl told me that - I know it sounds extreme, but we could do with someone like him here. We're too busy being politically correct and locking up the wrong people. Why lock up someone who has committed VAT fraud? It's not like they've hurt someone, well, not directly! The guy on here who said lock the burglers up because they'll no longer be out burgling was spot on.

What puzzles me though, is this - if the majority of police officers feel so thoroughly pissed off at this awful situation, why can't you do something about it? I find it strange that in the short space of time since the miners strike, the police have suddenly become ham strung in the way they are allowed to deal with nutcases. It seems to me that in order to break the miners, the police could have done anything under Thatcher's Government, but there is a problem in dealing with little fuckers who are out on the streets terrorising law abiding citizens and taking the lives of people like Gary Newlove, Craig Wass. How can that be? As I've said before, by doing nothing now, we are storing up problems for the future, hanging around street corners now, TWOCing next, burglary, violence, etc - you know the script lads.

My lad expressed an interest in becoming a police officer, at first I encouraged him - now I'm just not sure.

7 comments:

  1. I read last week that a Copenhagen demonstrator was deported for spitting at a police officer. You'd need to be shot at, over here, for that to even be considered. In 30 years I watched the justice system steadily vanish before my eyes. In the last 12 I expected nothing and was rarely disappointed or surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Well spotted! Look at the date of the miners strike (a Thatcher plan if ever there was one)and then look at the acceleration of the legislation avalanche, starting with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS: Justice? I despair not just of a totally corrupt and dishonest government, but of an incompetent and greedy opposition and a court system (can't call it a justice system) that is so divorced from reality we are now repeating the unbelievable injustices of Dicken's times. 60 days imprisonment, suspended for a year, for a woman who left 5 kids, including a 3 month old baby, to fend for themselves for 48 hours while she goes out on the town, but you get caught for a motoring offence ....

    What a f****ng country! I find it very hard now to even say a word in support of the police - not the Bobby on the beat, but the bloody self-serving, self-promoting, dishonest, untruthful and corrupt senior management.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Police forces are hamstrung by their own risk aversion and the double standards of the publics expectations.
    I reckon I spend thirty percent of my time completing ecords which serve to cover my forces backside against ill found complaints or unpredictable outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My team don't 'take shit from nutters' - we lock the 'little fuckers' up at every opportunity. Two of my youngsters got battered last week doing just that - and came straight back for more the next day. Proud of my team - yes - proud of the judicial system - no. My job is to take the 'little fuckers' off the street when we can. The rest is up to others to deal with. We can't affect the courts, or decide sentences. If they get locked away - great - if not - we go for them again. Write to your MP and get the bloody shackles off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good would that be? To remove the ludicrous restrictions placed on police officers, I'd welcome it, and some. Well I've started the process, all my local MP's have had emails from me today - I am going to show them all this site and let them squirm.

    What a shame a couple of your little 'uns took a pasting at the hands of the "litle fuckers" (yes I know I shouldn't use such expletives, but it's the best I can come up with) - bless them, I bet their mums worry about them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work - keep it up! Their mums would worry about them, no doubt, as mine did. Pity the politicians don't care, other than at election time or when they want a photo opportunity. 'Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime', second biggest lie after Sadamms WMD.

    ReplyDelete