Thursday 3 December 2009

My friend, the police officer....

OK, I lied, I don't have any friends who are police officers, they all hate me!! No seriously, I do actually have a pal who is a police officer and I also have a pal who is an ex police officer (the latter is my favourite friend...) My friend who is still serving says she hates what her job has become and "this" is not what she signed up for. My other pal who left a few years ago, said it had become an awful job to do and he'd had too many bad experiences whereby he'd attempted to deal with toss bag kids, just starting out their criminal lives, only to have his efforts thwarted at every corner.

I reckon that sadly, we are stuck with this shitty society, we have a small handful of officers who really do give a shit about the public and I applaud them. The rest of them are as the last few days suggests, pathetic jobsworths who believe that they are hard done to and people like me should simply accept that society is lawless and stop my whinging, leaving them to complete a bit more uneccessary paper work and catch a few more speeding motorists.

3 comments:

  1. So, what do you do on a practical level? Are you a Special Constable? Do you run Neighbourhood Watch? Or do you just sit on committees and moan?

    Incidentally, I am not a bobby. I'm just a bloke who thinks that people with urgent medical problems need the most rapid assistence they can be given, over and above the level the ambulance service can provide. Therefore I volunteer, and work with the ambulance service in my spare time.

    Get off your moaning arse and actually DO something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, on a practical level, you patronising twat - I am a woman who has lived through 3 and a half years of fucking torment - pretty similar to the stuff that Fiona Pilkington endured.

    No, I'm not a Special Constable, nor do I want to become one, I am attempting to become involved in a Neighbourhood watch scheme (but you know what, to do that you actually have to have some other neighbours who GIVE a shit, the majority of people around here are quite elderly (and I'd not expect them to become involved for obvious reasons) and the rest don't give a toss and must be fucking deaf or stupid.

    I don't sit on committees and moan, I don't have the time. I work for a living, I have an elderly parent I care for, I run a charity in my spare time, so no, I don't sit on committees and moan - there's no point to that. But as I've said in previous comments, I have attended various meetings with the police, council, youth workers, etc, in an attempt to find some answers - there are none - the country is on its knees - and I fully agree with you, the health of the nation is more important than whether or not people like me have to suffer at the hands of delinquents night in night out.

    Incidentally Mark, I have MS - not made easier by stress, so where would I fit in, if I made a call to you at 3am - having been awake for 2 hours because of pissed up kids outside my house, and suddenly my legs went into spasm and I just couldn't get out of bed - would that be an urgent medical problem that you and your volunteer mates could assist with, or would that not be urgent enough? Linked with the state of the country AND a health issue?

    Hey, it's a long way to fall from such a high horse Mark!! I'd lend you my ladders but they were nicked from the garage, during the last bout of low level crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you lazy cow, instead of "sitting through 3 and a half years of fucking torment" why dont you stop sitting on your presumably fat arse and do something about it instead of moaning and blaming every other person? Its quite easy to be a keyboard warrior, but if you put in as much energy and enthusiasm into trying to either; find somewhere else to live or finding a remedy to the problem as you do in typing this fucking blog, them maybe, just maybe, you might get somewhere..... Incidentally, if the way you communicate with people on here is reflected in the way you may have communicated with these youths at any point, no fucking wonder you are getting grief. Maybe you should try treating people with a bit of respect - that way you may actually get some yourself. And if I were Mark, I'd leave you to fucking die - lets face it, it sounds like you need putting out of your misery.

    ReplyDelete